Inside a Dance Studio is a blog hosted by Pegasus Studios with the aim of celebrating, discussing and learning about how dance can help support and foster healthy and happy children, adolescents and adults. This blog is inspired by our experiences as teachers and owners of Pegasus Studios, a dance studio primarily dedicated to art and health in children, from the ages of 2-20, give or take a few years!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Thank You


Hello everyone! Dances of Offering was a success again this year, thanks to all of you who supported us. We had an almost sold out show and raised a lot of money to donate to a terrific cause. We at Pegasus would like to take this time to extend our gratitude to everyone who aided us in our efforts this year.

First, we would like to thank everyone who attended, bought tickets but could not attend, or made donations online. We could not continue to put together a show like this without all of your continued support and encouragement.

Secondly, thank you to all those who donated their time and energy to rehearsing and preparing for this year’s show. You all performed beautifully and it was a pleasure to work with each of you.

Thirdly, this show has always been about bringing together dance artists of all stages and genres, and we would never be able to do that without the enthusiasm of the teachers, choreographers, organizers, and students here at Pegasus. Each one of you has contributed countless hours to making this show such an amazing celebration of dance and we are extremely grateful.

We would like to extend a special thank you to Adam Nashman for all of his help during the tech runs. You made the day run much more smoothly that it would have otherwise and we appreciate all of your efforts.

Next, to all of the students and teachers from Crescent Town Public School, Holy Name Elementary School, and Selwyn Public School who participated in our educational outreach concert programs last Tuesday, we thank you for sharing in the many gifts dance has to offer. We were so glad that you all enjoyed your time here at Pegasus and we hope to keep in touch and collaborate again in the future.

I have some personal thank you’s to extend as well, especially to Jane, Janice, Lisa, and Lia, who helped me every step of the way as I fumbled along trying to figure out how to run a social media campaign. Your endless encouragement and assistance made it possible for me to put this together. I hope you feel that it paid off in the end.

I would also like to thank my beautiful dancers, Kiersten McMaster, Vanessa Medeiros, and Alison Keery, for all of the hard work you put into bringing my ideas to life. I am so grateful to have been able to work with such willing and open hearted people and I can’t wait to work with you again!

Everyone at BOOM! Marketing, thank you so much for sharing our event with your audience. It is nice to know that wherever life takes me, I can come home to my family at BOOM! and receive a warm welcome and continued support. Fabio Buritica, I would especially like to thank you for all of your help in planning the online efforts for this event. I wouldn’t have known where to begin without your help.

Maja Zonjic, thank you so much for donating your time and efforts in taking pictures during the tech run. I can’t wait to see them and I’m sure they will turn out beautifully.

Most importantly, to my family and friends who stood by me through the times of stress and uncertainty: I’m not sure how I got so lucky as to have you all in my life, but I know that I would not be where I am today without your undying love and positive reinforcement. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Finally, thank you to all of you who have followed us along the journey. I never expected such a warm response and I thank you for taking the time to read these blogs.

So until next time, goodbye!

Sincerely,

Jessica Houghton

No comments: